Sunday, August 16, 2009

A little busy

It's only my first year in academia, yet I've been lucky to have two students who will be defending their master's thesis on August 24th. The students work very hard. They are unaware that I am lazy -- that I am interested more in the humanities than going through the hundreds of graphs, tables and numbers they send me.

Yet, work is work, and it is this work that pays my bills, lets me travel to new places, have my own schedule for four long summer months. So, pardon the lack of posts -- especially long essays. All that shall come in due time. But now, I need to return to editing theses drafts.

By the way, did you know that an advisor feels as nervous about a student's defense as the student himself?

2 comments:

B said...

as I go for my exam in the nest few weeks I wonder, do successful, tenured, hands off-advisors feel anything at all?

Hari said...

That is a very good question -- and the short if unsatisfying answer is "it depends".